The Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) – Stem Cell Therapies Mission – 2020 Stem Cell Therapies Grant Opportunity will support stem cell research to deliver innovative, safe and effective treatments through innovative projects that:
- Stream 1 (Incubator): support proof-of-concept studies to establish the feasibility of novel stem cell-based therapies
- Stream 2 (Targeted Call for Research): conduct Phase 1 clinical trials for promising stem cell treatments
- Stream 3 (Targeted Call for Research): apply stem cell-based screens for the development of treatments for inherited disease, complex disease, infectious disease and cancer
- Stream 4 (Targeted Call for Research): foster research the ethical, social, regulatory, health economics and legal issues associated with the development, availability, regulation and application of stem cell therapies and treatments
- Stream 5 (Targeted Call for Research): use stem cell-derived tissue models to rapidly screen TGA (and FDA) approved drugs as potential treatments for COVID-19.
This grant opportunity is being administered by NHMRC on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Health.
Further information on the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) is available from the Department of Health’s MRFF website.